Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hi Dear. How was your day?

I have recently discovered that I have turned into June Cleaver. I dress everyday even if I'm not going anywhere. I clean the house, and cook dinner every night. I smile at the neighbors when they pass by me on the sidewalk. I am constantly having to teach my partner social etiquette. When I go to he grocery store everyone who works there knows me. They say "Hi David, how are you today?" I say "Fine, and how is work going for you today?" I am not kidding. I put on fake smiles at people I despise. I treat our dog and cat as if they are human, they are my Wally and Beaver. When my partner comes home i always ask about his day. What the hell happened to me? I was the guy at the grocery store that cashiers would roll their eyes at because I would not let them give me any lip. I was the guy who ordered dinner off a menu just before my partner got home. I was the guy who would have traded the dog and cat for a mink coat (this one is still up in the air). I was the guy who would tell my partner I did not want to hear about any work crap, i was tired. Age has done some bad things to me to this point, but this has got to be the most evil thing thus far. It mellowed me out. God help me.

No comments: