Monday, June 2, 2008

Hey Man, you got a Square

The other day as I was smoking a cigarette outside, a person came up to me and asked me for a quarter and a square. Long ago when this request had begun making its way throughout the streets I thought a square was a drug term. It is actually a cigarette. In the beginning I always obliged. Then I realized it was becoming a frequent occurrence. Still I obliged, for a while. Currently I am financially in limbo so I began to tell people that I was out of cigarettes but still would give them the quarter. Then I realized the money request began to sky rocket. It was now a dollar. I like to think of myself as a kind person, maybe even gullible, but a dollar and a square? People cigarettes are expensive and a dollar is down right insulting. If you need to beg for a dollar you should not be smoking. If you are a drug addict and need the dollar for crack, smoke the crack instead because its cheaper than cigarettes. Also if on a really good day I give you a cigarette do not stand there and smoke with me. You will ruin my cigarette smoking experience because I will be wondering what your going to ask for next, five dollars and a triangle. Leave me alone!

1 comment:

JOEY said...

For rizzle my nizzle.