Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tragic and more Tragic

My partner and I spent Monday night drinking at home and watching music videos on CMT. You would think that this would have been a relaxing evening with good music and company, it wasn't. In our inebriated states we began a discussion about the differences and similarities between Carrie Underwood and Leanne Rimes. The discussion started out well comparing the two. Then it turned ugly. Dalton is a staunch supporter of Leanne Rimes and I am in love with Carrie. First I happened to mention that Leanne was popular in her time because she was a little girl with a great voice, and now she was a woman with a good voice.He said Carrie didn't pay her dues and didn't deserve her success. I mentioned that Leanne was 13 when she made it and she didn't either. Then he said Carrie could not sing like Leanne. I said he was right Carrie sings better. He said Carrie just got lucky and Leanne has sold more albums. I said yes after 12 years in the business. Carrie after 2 has out sold her. I went on to say that Leanne can no longer make the top ten, while Carrie is hitting number one left and right. He said it was because of American Idol, I agreed but went on to say if she were not good she would have fallen of the face of the earth after her first song. He said that I never respected Leanne. I said I always thought she was talented but she screwed up trying to go pop and when she came back to country Carrie had blocked her comeback. He said Leanne was more country than Carrie. I said Carrie was just inducted into the Grand Ole Opry and was more country. During this we continued to drink and it turned into a full fledged fight. We yelled at each other and then refused to speak to each other the rest of the night. We woke up the next day and realized just how sad we were. An old married couple who fought about something so stupid. I guess this is how it is. If our biggest fight in a year was about Carrie versus Leanne we are doing pretty good. We need hobbies.

1 comment:

JOEY said...

Let me point out what went wrong during this evening o' joy:

A. AT home watching CMT when the Cubs were battling for 1st place. Go out to a sports bar.

B. Dalton was born and raised with Patsy Cline..not Leanne Rimes. He is old enough to be her Grandfather.

c. You are both Gay.

D. Martina is "more" Country than Leanne and sings better than Carrie- Suck it Biatches!