Saturday, May 24, 2008

Daddy Dearest

In my recent postings I complained of my graying balding scalp. Although this still remains true, I received a bit of an ego boost today. My partner Dalton and I decided to be domestic today due to the fact that we were out very late last night. The morning started out slow but turned out to be yet another amusing day at Dalton's expense. We ate breakfast and decided to get our hair cut. The establishment we go to is full of eastern European women who seem to have an affinity for my 6'4 tall partner. They treat him very well, and it is a bit flattering for him. On this day however my dear sweet guy was subjected to an off hand question from his stylist. We usually go in together and we assume people get that we are together. We are use to the stares as people try and figure us out. However this young lovely beautiful woman ( whom I tipped very well) asked my Dalton if I was his son. Yes my friends out there in cyber land she thought I was his son. Dalton is only a few years older than me so this question came as surprise to him. Dalton was insulted but was kind to the young lady. In true fashion he replied by stating my age to her. He does this often if someone believes I am a little younger than I am.He gets pleasure out of it although it annoys me to no end. I decided to add a little salt to the wound because of this. My haircut was complete while I waited for him. I decided to step outside to make a call, and as I did I walked up to the stylists' station and said "I'll be right back Dad, I'm stepping outside".I walked through the door with the young women's giggle echoing in my ear.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

All I can say is if Dalton is 6'4" David you need bifocals.... Who is the old man now...

JOEY said...

I would say that Dalton is closer to being your Father than he is to being your Daddy. Im not saying..Im just saying!