Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I've fallen and I can't get up.

This is a little mean but I can't help it. Saturday my partner Dalton and I decided to stay in and watch movies, and by watch movies I mean get drunk and order any stupid show on cable. We like to do this often because the bar scene has worn thin for us. Don't get me wrong its fun every once in a while but when your in a relationship the only reason to go out there is to socialize. Most of the new people we have met here are single, so their out looking for a little slap and tickle. If they are all looking to hook up that leaves us to sit there and drink. So we stay home and drink because first its cheaper, and second there is no point to go to a bar (Especially a gay one) if your not out to meet someone. Anyways back to my story. We were drinking and having fun when it happened. Dalton got up to go to the kitchen. He stood up and got tangled up in a table tray. He reached his hand out to catch himself on the wall but missed. There he went falling towards the floor. He could not brace himself in time to soften the blow. He fell to the floor like a broom handle, straight down. In the initial chaos I was concerned because he made no sound. I jumped up and ran to him, there he lay like a turtle who had fallen on its shell. I asked if he were okay, and he replied yes. Then I did it. I helped him up and bit my tongue as long as I could. Laughter erupted from me. I could not stop laughing. He was okay after all. I just cannot help myself when I see someone take a tumble (AS long as they are okay) I laugh. I have no prejudices when it come to it. I've laughed at my mother when she tripped at the lake when I was a kid. She tripped and rolled down a small hill. I laughed when a kid at the movies tripped on the stairs in front of me. I laughed when a man who was yelling at his kid outside of the school I worked at tripped on the stairs, and then turned to me and said boy the stairs must be moving. I laugh if I trip and fall. Its just a character flaw I guess, but I cannot help it. Is it wrong?

1 comment:

JOEY said...

Timmmmmmmber mutha fucka.