Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Clean and Clear and out of Control

I have experienced a most embarrassing moment recently. The other night I needed to run to the grocery store across the street. It was about ten in the evening and the store was closing soon. I put on my shoes and jacket and ran across the parking lot in a hurry. When I arrived I rushed through the aisles to grab the items I needed. There were only about 3 or 4 people there at the time. I got in line and the checker began to scan my items. As she did this a horrifying realization dawned upon me. I had recently developed a zit on my forehead and an hour before I had put cream on said zit. There I stood in front of this teenage girl with a white cream glaring off my forehead. If I had realized it when i got home, it would have been better. It would have been over and done with, but I didn't. I realized it in line. I could feel my entire head turn ten shades of red. I looked towards the floor avoiding eye contact. She was polite and sweet, but I knew what she was thinking. This idiot needs to wash his face. I slowly and cautiously began to lick my finger and tried to wipe the area clean. I waited till she wasn't looking. If that were not enough I had requested a pack of cigarettes from her and she was not of age to sell them to me so she had to call her manager to come and scan them. The manager at the time was helping someone else so she did not come for about 3 minutes. Three of the longest minutes of my life. When she was done I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the store. I got home and began to chastise Dalton for not giving me a heads up. He said he did not notice it before I left. Needless to say I try to do all my shopping before the late night crew comes on. I was humiliated.

1 comment:

JOEY said...

Honey no! Everyone knows that you have to use Proactiv disappearing mask!!!