Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just for Men

I recently turned 31 years old and something shifted in my body chemistry. I have been losing my hair for a couple of years now ( I blame my partner, he is a handful) and have come to terms with it. Its not one of those crown dissipation's but a receding hairline. Again I'm dealing with it. However, in recent weeks several little white monsters have begun to invade my follicles, gray hair people. Now mind you I can deal with one or the other but mother nature has the audacity to deal me a double blow. I only have so much hair left, is it too much to ask to at least keep it dark. I'm afraid of dying it because I do not want the chemicals from the dye to increase my hair loss. What is a guy to do? In the grand scheme of things it should not matter, but I am shallow when it comes to myself. Not conceited , but shallow. One option is to shave my head, but I really do not want to look like a cue ball. Also I'm not one of those people who would look good with a shaved head. I feel this payback for all the jokes I crack at my friend's expense ( Sports Nut in Dallas) Joe. He has been going gray for as long as I have known him. Yes he is much older than me ( He participated in the Stonewall riots) but he is not losing his, just going gray. This is not fair. I will not go down without a fight.

1 comment:

JOEY said...

Be careful my YOUNG friend. Mixing Rogaine and Just for Men could result in a tragic chemical explosion.