Sunday, August 26, 2007

Don't Pee on my leg and tell me its raining

Here in Chicagoland life is good. The weather has been incredible. Sunny skies and a cool breeze has been the norm until recently. While my partner was gone a severe storm system hit Illinois. I'm talking about heavy wind and rain, lightning, and thunder. I found out that our apartment leaks when it rains hard. So I spent Wednesday and Thursday running around laying down towels and pitchers to catch the rain. At one point the sky grew very dark and tornado sirens went off, at first it was okay, I come Texas where this happens monthly, but then the sky grew almost black. I put on my shoes, leashed the dog, and kept my eye on my cat ready to run to the resturant basement in case something happened. I called my beloved who I know thought I was overreacting to tell him of my plight. I stood in the living room ready to run. My mind was racing! Would all my clothes be ruined? Should I take them with me? If I do I would have to leave some behind. How would I choose? My beautiful boots, or my leather sandles? My favorite black polo, or the white one? It would be like choosing which child to save. I resigned myself to let them all go, if something happened. I could not choose, but then it was like God heard me. The sky began clear and we were saved. Yes I am superficial, so you don't have to tell me, but thats what makes me.....ME.

1 comment:

JOEY said...

save your favorites!!! Eveyrone knows that if their mom had to choose only one child to save she would pick her favorite. Thats why im still here after the great Los Lunas fire of 1979! I miss my siblings...