Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tio

In my life I have been one of the lucky ones who has had many constants as a foundation for who I am. My mother, grandparents, aunt, and three uncles all contributed to my well being. My partner, brother, and good friends came later and became a part of this foundation. In recent weeks I have been thinking alot about one of them . My uncle Rick. He is the strong willed heir to the head of the family table. When anyone speaks of good men his name comes to my mind. He has worked all his life to maintain his family in the strong tradition he was raised with; never one to stay in the background ,but upfront voicing his beliefs. Because of this I believe in him. What makes him strong is the fact that he does not know how strong he is. Uncle Rick's contribution to my life is one many people do not know. I looked to him as prime example of what a father should be when my own was not around. He is the man at the family gatherings who brings laughter to everyone around him. He stood by me when I came out and accepted the man I now call my partner. He shed tears when I moved away letting me know I was important to him.He is always quick witted, with a cigar hanging out of his mouth, a smile on his face, and a hug ready to greet you with. I think about him now so that he knows I am. I think about all my family, but tonight I focus my thoughts on him. Love you Tio.

3 comments:

JOEY said...

Honey ... Are you dead?

JOEY said...

and I don't mean sexually... after your flare ups and all

JOEY said...

I mean you haven't written any stories lately