Sunday, August 26, 2007

One of my best friends along with my partner convinced me to create a blog. Now I am hooked. I feel the need to save some unsuspecting novice cook out there the dangers of turkey bacon. I have been cooking alot latley for my partner, and he seems to like it. One exception was my meatloaf experiment. He loves my chipotle meatloaf so I make it often. However the other night I decided to use ground turkey to make it healthier. This was fine until I got the bright idea to crumble turkey bacon in with it. It smelled wonderful coming out of the oven, but when I cut into it the knife almost broke. I said to myself, self,its fine it will still taste good. Anyways I served it. It tasted like a salt lick. All the turkey bacon salt absorbed into the loaf. My partner not wanting to hurt my feelings simply said, " its different ". Hes sweet. It sucked We did not finish it, instead we opted just to eat the veggies I had prepared. Note to self if it ain't broke don't fix it.

1 comment:

Nunnie's Attic said...

I know the anguish of a lousy meal. I have to say, I'm a good cook. My husband will take my cooking over a restaurant any day and my kids tell me to plan on them eating dinner here a few nights a week once they move out. But one time I tried a Giada recipe called Lemon Spaghetti. Well let's just say - we ended up having take-out later that night. It tasted, just like you'd think. Lemons and spaghetti. Thought it would be good. Take it from me - it's not!